Sunday, June 9, 2013

#11: School's Out!!!

In our house, there are a few magical days every year: Birthdays, the 4th of July, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and not to be ignored--the last day of school! I love it when I get to pack up my classroom for summertime. There's nothing better than being able to sleep in a little bit on the following Monday morning! It's heavenly. I'm already in planning mode for all of the fun things we are going to do this summer! Here are some of our latest Summer pictures with captions by Steve.
A couple of weeks ago, we went to Las Vegas to visit Diane's sister Marjorie. Diane's aunt Kay and her husband Frank were also in town for a conference.  We look forward to seeing them each year (plus, they always take us out for an amazing dinner!).

Kay and Frank stayed at the Winn Resort. It had a beautiful man-made waterfall. And cool orange umbrellas.

Speaking of orange, Marjorie's husband Jed is a great dad. I love how happy their son looks in this picture.

And this one.

We both loved snuggling with Marjorie's brand-new baby. In fact, he let me hold him for two hours while watching "The Avengers". I think he looks like a young Thor.
  
This week I helped my mom brush up on her Microsoft Excel skills before a job interview. Now she's practically an accountant!

We played some intense Jenga with our friends Mike and Hailey. Afterwards, Mike made a totally wicked Tower of Babel. Eventually it fell down--just like the original.

Diane's big brother Andrew stopped by on a layover. We all took naps at the new City Creek mall in downtown Salt Lake City.

 For Memorial Day, we ate lunch with my Grandma, because hey, you gotta remember your living grandparents too!


Pirate sunglasses. Arrrrrr!

 We love summer evenings out in the hammock--as long as one person doesn't get out too quickly.

Diesel likes it too.

  That's a rad cloud. And a rad lady.

So, we went to a wedding reception at a golf course on Friday night. One of our neighbor's sons (in between the golf carts) was absolutely certain that there was a reindeer in the bushes. I told him that reindeer don't exist and that it was actually a unicorn.

After the wedding reception, we went to the annual "Ryan Shupe and the Rubberband" concert at the Sandy Ampitheater. We love summer concerts!

My mom and dad came with us. I inherited my tendency to sing along to songs from my dad. Thanks, dad.

The best part of the first day of summer? Planning for a vacation! When Diane sets her mind to something, she can't stop thinking about it. Anybody up for a trip to Disney World?

1 comment:

  1. Love all these fun pictures and what you guys are up to!

    ReplyDelete